Most of laser micromachining applications are not as straightforward as for example marking. Most of them require development that takes weeks and even months. In order to build a laser process, which produces required results, not only different laser parameters have to be tested, but also various beam shaping and focussing solutions.
Challenges for laser process development:
- Burning effect is undesirable while processing heat sensitive materials
- Cracks or any other damage is undesirable while processing fragile materials
- To much debris, contamination on the surface
- Complex 3D shapes need to be engraved
- Several layers, some of which need to remain intact
- Speed of processing
- Reliability and repeatability of each operation
Laser process development contains following steps:
- Testing of different wavelengths in order to explore light-material interaction
- Testing of different focusing conditions
- Selecting and testing most suitable positioning solution
- Determining what is required for repeatability and required speed of process
- Optimizing software functionality for convenient process control
Every customer is welcome to contact us with specific micromachining tasks. We are committed to develop a micromachining process. If a task is more demanding, we are ready to involve our academic partners in search of a solution.