Femtosecond laser scribing of ceramic substrates shows the best results for heat sensitive materials fabrication. Ablated grooves seem to be homogeneous, and the wall of the groove least affected, when using special technology developed especially for this kind of materials.
Laser scribing of ceramic substrates features:
- No heat affected zones and melted layers
- Grooves of less than 15 μm widths and more than 25 μm depth
- No overshooting in intersections
- Better than 0.5 μm accuracy within 40 mm area
- Fabricating up to 9 samples without any operator interference
- Controlling the fabrication process for up to 24 hours long and maintaining needed accuracy, compensating beam and mechanical drift within 0,5 μm